Monday, August 10, 2009

I Will NOT Fear! I Will Trust in God!

Our church family has suffered another “untimely” (for us) death today. This is the sixth one since May. We are a young congregation and two of those losses were children. Death has not been something that occupies a lot of our thought time. But lately it seems to be in our faces. It would be so easy to slip right into a fearful posture and imagine that Death is lurking around the corner, out to get us. But I refuse. I refuse to live in fear.

God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self control. 2 Timothy 1:7

No matter how many times Death snatches lives from us when we are not prepared! I KNOW that God is in control. I know that GOD is in control. I know that God is in CONTROL!

What else do I know about God?

He is love.
He is good.
He is perfect.
He knows all.
He is not surprised by any of this.
He loves us.
He welcomes home His own with a grand party.
He never makes mistakes.
His thoughts and ways are not like my thoughts and ways.

Those are just a few that come immediately to mind. So I refuse to be fearful for my family, my church family, my community, nation or the world! God is still the Almighty and I WILL trust in Him and Him alone. Please join me in praying for the families left behind. Pray for peace and comfort that only God can provide. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment